More threads by mattfraser

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new here to the forum but have a question which I believe I know the answer too.

However, I'm asking to get verified expert feedback.

You see an SEO company is building Microsites for my employer and they are creating multiple Google My Business listings for each site using Box 1, Box 2, Box 3 and so on and so forth.

However I know that this can hurt our local SEO rankings in Google Local and cause confusion to the users as to which is the official listing.

Can this practice also potentially get us blacklisted by Google?

Can someone please let me know.

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Matt and welcome to the forum. You are right!

Not only can it hurt rankings. It's a serious violation. Does not matter how many sites you have, the rule is one listing per business location. Sometimes Google will close down the whole account with all listings, even the one that's legit.

Plus just having multiple sites can hurt you. Divide and conquer is not the best strategy. United we stand with one strong site is the best way to play the game.

Linda,

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it. However, thank you very, very much for confirming it to me as now I have some information to take back to my client.

Thanks again,

Matt

Matt, feel free to share any specific examples too. Every scenario is different and we have some amazing experts here who can offer some specific guidance if desired.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom