More threads by osman

osman

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here always does press release for their clients listing or for their own listing. and any positive impact on your ranking after release press?

I have not used them and every time it comes up in conversation, my link builders tell me they aren't effective as a link building strategy anymore. I'd love to hear others' opinions.

Well, it depends how you do it? do you embed your map in your press release? what about geotag images? also some press release services offers dofollow links so, its really depends how you done the press release.

Last edited:
@osman, just to announce the creation of a Google My Business page? Never. There is no point.

To announce the opening of a new business, the opening of a new location of an existing business, or an exceptionally good piece of content? Occasionally.

If it's a well-written release - and if the "news" is something normal people may actually care about - there can be some indirect SEO benefit. Not in terms of links you get IN the press release (those are nofollowed, and many of them go away after a while), but in terms of links you might get from relevant sites that catch wind of your news and mention you in an article or post.

Lots of ifs, and many times a press release is a waste of time. My point is sometimes there can be payoff.

Last edited:

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom