More threads by HoosierBuff

Reaction score
Just curious what the opinions are here. Is Google search console showing clicks and impressions from the local 3 pack?

My guess would be no - that these are not true "organic" in google's mind, and they are coming from a different system, so they are not tracked in impressions and not tracked in clicks.

This is a hotly debated topic. We have run a couple of tests and the answer is a definitive "Maybe". If you use a tagging URL for your Google My Business page you can sometimes see that in Google Search Console which seems to imply that they do, but the data always looks wonky. We generally say Google Search Console is for entertainment purposes only.

This is a hotly debated topic. We have run a couple of tests and the answer is a definitive "Maybe". If you use a tagging URL for your Google My Business page you can sometimes see that in Google Search Console which seems to imply that they do, but the data always looks wonky. We generally say Google Search Console is for entertainment purposes only.

Entertainment and manual actions.

Search analytics report gives you a good check to see what keyword groupings your site is potentially getting clicks from, and helps you understand what pages are triggered for which keywords. Like Dan said, I wouldn't use the clicks/impression data as absolutes. Good gut check information, but don't think they're 100% accurate.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom