More threads by Joeri

Joeri

Reaction score
Hi all,

Last weekend we saw a drop to 0 in views and actions in several Google My Business accounts we manage. Since our clients report that they indeed haven’t received any phone calls over the weekend, when normally it is quite busy, could it be that Google has tested or changed something over the weekend? For example, that the knowledge panels or local search results temporarily weren’t shown? We see it over all the accounts we manage, in several different niches (i.e. health, locksmith, beauty) in small and in big, competitive places in The Netherlands. Has anyone seen anything similar?

1st screenshot is from a business in the health niche, 2nd a locksmith and 3rd in beauty which are all opened during the weekend. For the business in beauty the drop seemed only on Sunday, instead of the whole weekend.

My first thought is a reporting issue from Google even with the client saying they didn't get any calls. If you're not tracking calls from the GMB with call tracking or adding utm parameters to the links I would highly encourage it. It has allowed us to show additional value and have our own data source to compare when Google does something crazy like this.

None of my Insights that I checked have that missing data, but they are all in North America. Could be a Google server based closer to your location that had a glitch.

I just got a call from a client in real estate and they had a drop to 0 over the past few days. They changed their description so we'll see if it was a penalty and or bouncing around for now.

I've had the same thing happen periodically since last summer. I agree with Matt Heffner that it is most likely a reporting glitch on Google's part. While it freaked me out at first, since normalcy returned a day later I got over it pretty quickly. Matt's suggestion of utm parameters is worth considering.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom