More threads by JasonKhoo

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I'm yet another person throwing their suspension question in the ring.

Client notified me that they got a suspension over the weekend for their Google My Business location. I'm not really sure what caused the suspension, but I submitted the Reinstatement request already.

What we noticed though is that the client's old location now shows up when you search for their business. They use to be in Palo Alto and now are in Orange County.

It seems like a Google My Business listing exists for the old Palo Alto location. No one in the company owns the listing and it's letting me claim it.

My question is two fold:

1. Do you think that this is causing the suspension? That Google thinks our OC location is the duplicate?
2. Is it worth claiming the Palo Alto location and deleting it?

P.S: The client does have a couple workers still out of Palo Alto that functions as a satellite office, however they don't care about having a Palo Alto listing if it jeopardizes the listing in Orange County, which is their main HQ.

Thanks everyone,

Jason Khoo

@JasonKhoo, I assume the OC office page is the one that's been suspended.

If that's the case, then yes, the lingering Palo Alto GMB page is probably the cause. Given what you describe, I would mark that one as "moved." Don't claim that GMB page first, though, because you'd need to delete it from your dashboard anyway.

Yes, the OC page was suspended.

I just talked with GMB support and they were unable to change the status to "moved" because the OC page is suspended. They marked the Palo Alto location closed for now and they will update it once the suspension is lifted.

When I inquired about the suspension the support agent got noticeably nervous (he started talking way faster and sounded anxious) and said there was nothing he could do. All he could confirm was that he saw our reinstatement form in their system.

Thanks as always @Phil Rozek! You are always so helpful!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom