Duplicate content penalty for using the same GMB posts?

I've never seen a penalty for reusing GMB posts, either for using the same content across multiple locations or for reposting the same content for more than a week running. If they ever started penalizing the former, a lot of us enterprise types would start sweating! 😂

BenFisher

Local Search Expert
There may not be a stated penalty, and I am pretty sure there have not been any scientific tests, however, in my talks with Googlers, they have stated that fresh content is preferred.

Yan Gilbert

Administrator
There are two components here.
Same post repeated multiple times on the same listing
Same post (posted only once but) repeated across many listings on a multi-location business.

On the first, it would not be good user experience to have repetitive posts, don't know if there is an actual penalty.

For the second, any penalty would penalize large brands and I doubt it is even being checked.

Joeri

Does anyone have any experience with how content in the Products, Services or Q&A section in GMB-listings is valued? For example, when you use similar content from your website in the Products, Services or Q&A section of your GMB-listing, will this result in duplicate content issues?

Seo Guru

On the first, it would not be good user experience to have repetitive posts, don't know if there is an actual penalty.
But because GMB posts expire after 7 days, reusing the same post again and again for the same location doesn't seem like it would be a bad user experience to me. Especially if you are not the type of business that gets repeat customers all the time.

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: a promoted post by a Sterling Sky employee reviewing your product or service; this will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More information...

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Local Search Forum

Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group