More threads by Ray Litvak

Reaction score
Hi All,

Excellent information and forum!!

Chances are that the answer to my question is buried in the forum somewhere, but I'm in a bit of a panic. My client has pointed out that they have 2 G+ listings, both containing a significant number of reviews: 49 on one and 32 on the other.

The G+ button on their home page presently links to the profile with 32 reviews. They want the link to point to the profile with 49 reviews; the profile that should have been their main G+ profile all along.

Before G+ came along, they had an active Google Places page/account. When G+ started to gain prominence, I created a G+ profile for them. I believe that over time, Google merged all Google Places into G+, leaving the client with 2 G+ accounts and thus my current problem.

Am I on the right track here?

Anyways, the client is insistent that the 2 G+ accounts be merged into one and that the reviews also be combined to show the 49 + 32 for a total 81 reviews.

My question is this: can they be merged? If so, will Google combine the reviews into one number?

The primary account is located here https://plus.google.com/106952248907061353905/about?hl=en which presently has 49 reviews listed. At present, when someone click on the g+ button from the home page, it goes to the following g+ page https://plus.google.com/108997671534771967233/posts. I’m in the process of trying to figure out how to merge the 2 profiles and putting a smile back on my client's face.

Please let me know if these accounts can be merged and/or if there's a source/resource I can refer to on this very issue.

Thanking those that respond in advance!

Appreciatively,

-Ray

Last edited by a moderator:
https://plus.google.com/106952248907...05/about?hl=en - This is a G+ Local page.

https://plus.google.com/108997671534771967233/posts - This is a personal G+ profile page.

So again, this seems to be a simple misunderstanding of the different pages. The first one is a G+ Local page. It can rank in the local search results when you search for keywords.

The second one is a personal G+ profile page. Think of it as a Facebook profile page. It's not a duplicate of the other one.

There is no way to merge them.

In order to get those posts onto the G+ Local page, you would need to upgrade to a Local G+ business page right from the Google Places Dashboard (if you have the new dashboard.)

If you don't have the new dashboard, Google recommends waiting until you do before upgrading.

If you can't wait, you need to create a G+ business page in the account that your G+ personal profile is in and verify it. This will merge it with the G+ Local page (ideally) and will enable the option to post POSTS, so you could re-post what you wanted onto the now merged Verified Local G+ page.

Confusing...I know eh.

Hi Colan,

This is the link with the 32 reviews https://plus.google.com/108997671534771967233/posts. Actually, they're referred to as 'posts' rather than 'reviews', but for all intents and purposes, they're reviews. How would you handle this issue? What would you tell the client?

Ray posts are posts - info posted by the business.

Reviews are reviews - they are reviews about the business posted by customers.

2 totally different animals.

There is no way to merge them.

In order to get those posts onto the G+ Local page, you would need to upgrade to a Local G+ business page right from the Google Places Dashboard (if you have the new dashboard.)

If you don't have the new dashboard, Google recommends waiting until you do before upgrading.

If you can't wait, you need to create a G+ business page in the account that your G+ personal profile is in and verify it. This will merge it with the G+ Local page (ideally) and will enable the option to post POSTS, so you could re-post what you wanted onto the now merged Verified Local G+ page.[/COLOR]

I bolded an important point by Colan.

Wanted to also explain more. Personal profile pages (which is where the 'posts' are) cannot be merged with the Google+ Local AKA Place page. As Colan said you would need to create a new blank empty Google+ Business page and set it as the Local category in order to merge. But that would not automatically merge the existing posts. AND Google says wait unless that client already has the new dash with the 1 button upgrade option.

Hi Linda,
In answer to your comment, "Ray posts are posts - info posted by the business.
Reviews are reviews - they are reviews about the business posted by customers. 2 totally different animals."

I'm with you there. However, on the G+ personal page, it appears that reviews are being left by patients as 'comments', like so:

32 comments

photo.jpg
jawad younusAug 12, 2012

hi i,m jawad younus ,
DR ROBERT AXELRAD IS MY FAMILY DENTSIT,LAST WEEK MY DAUGHTER ERAJ JAWAD HAD GUM PAIN ,DR AXELRAD DID THE SURGERY,NOW SHE IS OK.THANKS DR.

silhouette28.png
Preet SinghOct 13, 2012

Great dental office. Had some fillings done and fell asleep in the chair. It went so smoothly. Thanks

photo.jpg
Imani M. JamesOct 14, 2012

The staff are really friendly and make getting dental work done a relaxing experience. My son is so comfortable now,

photo.jpg
Linda MuongsouvanhOct 16, 2012

They greeted me with a smile and made me feel comfortable by speaking to me. They would ask if I was okay, or if something hurt.
Overall the experience was quick and painless. I'd recommend this office to several people. Thanks! :D
- Linda Muongsouvanh

photo.jpg
sunny williamOct 16, 2012

They did well in cleaning my teeth. They were nice, made sure whether I was okay or not. They had toys that children like me could play with. The experience was great and I'd recommend it to people everywhere.
- William Lam

silhouette28.png
Oksanna C.Oct 23, 2012

Dr. Axelrad saw me on very short notice for a dental emergency. He was polite, thorough and took his time explaining things to me. The office staff is also very pleasant and courteous. It was a pleasure. 

silhouette28.png
myongjin YoonOct 25, 2012

I can't say I like visiting the dentist; I don't think anyone does, but every time I've been to Dr. Axelrad's office it's been worth my time. They do a thorough cleaning and peace of mind knowing I don't have any problems developing. Will be back in six months. 

silhouette28.png
myongjin YoonOct 25, 2012 (edited)

The hygienists here give personalized brushing and flossing suggestions that inspire improvements to my oral hygiene habits. I just can't ignore good advice when I've heard it from a pro in person. -Lee D. (MJ's husband)

silhouette28.png
Robin ShermanOct 30, 2012

I was so happy to find a dentist that was friendly and accommadating to my hesitations about going to the dentist. After a bad experience at a previous dentists I have been hesitant to try a new one. Dr. Axelrads office staff were wonderful! Thanks for the good experience!!

silhouette28.png
Jennifer MorrisonNov 14, 2012

Today I had three fillings done. Dr. Axelrad did everything he could to make sure I felt no pain. He's very gentle. His staff is very friendly & helpful. I would recommend this dental office very highly. 

silhouette28.png
Sharaz HabibDec 20, 2012 (edited)

I am a new patient of Dr. Axelrad. After three visits to his office; I can say that I have found the receptionists, hygienists and Dr. Axelrad very considerate, professional and knowledgeable.
My insurance company is billed directly and I don't have to wait for a cheque in the mail. I definitely would recommend this dental office to anyone who needs a dentist.

silhouette28.png
David MeadDec 30, 2012

I'm very nervous when I go to the dentist, but the staff go out of their way to put me at ease.
Also, Dr. Axelrad is very gentle.
I highly recommend this office.

silhouette28.png
Maureen MurphyJan 27, 2013

Thank you very much for the great care.

silhouette28.png
Robert BenchetritFeb 1, 2013

I really appreciate all of your help and great care.

silhouette28.png
lura jhonJun 15, 2013

At Dr. Axelrad's office I had all my wisdom teeth removed by Dr. Horenfeldt on June 8, 2013. The whole staff made me feel really comfortable through the whole procedure. Highly recommend Dr. Axelrad's office to anyone looking for a dentist.

Add a comment...

You can see more of what Robert Axelr

Does this affect the thread and how I would go about handling it? Also, how do you know if you have the new G+ dashboard?
I'm getting a nosebleed...
And thanks for the 411!
-Ray

I'm with you there. However, on the G+ personal page, it appears that reviews are being left by patients as 'comments', like so:

Does this affect the thread and how I would go about handling it? Also, how do you know if you have the new G+ dashboard?
I'm getting a nosebleed...
And thanks for the 411!
-Ray

Ray, those are not reviews. At least not in Google's eye. They are simply comments on a post.

Important thread on new dashboard - http://localsearchforum.catalystema...r-update-new-google-places-dashboard-all.html

Sorry Ray, didn't go down far enough to see those reviews.

That's a problem that needs to be corrected and managed because those reviews on the personal page do not show up in the search results OR count for the local algo.

Basically THE CLIENT is telling clients to post in the wrong place.

Per your comment: "The G+ button on their home page presently links to the profile with 32 reviews. They want the link to point to the profile with 49 reviews; the profile that should have been their main G+ profile all along."

They need to change that link 1st off. Few consumers do social on G+ and would have found that page otherwise. Nor would they think to post a review there if it was mainly blog posts from the business as it should have been.

Then if they ask for reviews via email or anything the link needs to be right.

Here is what the new dash looks like:

Major Update - New Google Places Dashboard - All-in-one Local Listing Management

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom