More threads by Rich Owings

Doh! Thanks; I have fixed it. That's another thing to add to the website check list. Not sure how the dev found that link, but oh well! The site has only been live for a month, so the followers may have predated it.

An update and a question...

I was able to get rid of the bold text by copying/pasting into a plain text editor and then pasting it back. A simple solution to a weird problem, but I wanted to mention it in case anyone else has description formatting issues they can't resolve.

The question -- the website underwent massive changes, from a several page GoDaddy site to a modern WP site. I've seen SEOs say that large simultaneous changes (CMS, design, site structure and/or menu structure) can tank your rankings. Could that be why he has dropped from high in the 7 pack to #18?

The question -- the website underwent massive changes, from a several page GoDaddy site to a modern WP site. I've seen SEOs say that large simultaneous changes (CMS, design, site structure and/or menu structure) can tank your rankings. Could that be why he has dropped from high in the 7 pack to #18?

Sure anytime you redesign it can cause a drop. And like I think I mentioned earlier the onsite LOCAL part of the SEO could be improved some.

However he's ranking #2 in PURE organic, so organic ranking does not appear to be the problem. Seems to be on the local side of the house.

Think it was the dupes and maybe description - those things can linger and cause problems even after fixed on the surface.

However he's ranking D for Asheville Plumber so he's still in the pack at least.

What was he ranking before?

Some work on the onsite SEO could really help I think.

That's new. He's back in the pack! He wasn't there at 8 this morning. He was #7 on the map and #8 organic before my work and the new site.

I am still trying to wrap my head around all the ways on-site affects local rankings, but I don't want to ask you to give away any secrets!

Anyway, this is great news. Thanks!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom