More threads by Rich Owings

Rich Owings

Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
Reaction score
I've got a client (an arts district association) with several GMB listings that I'm trying to merge. And it's become something of a can of worms. So I have several questions:
  • Is a nonprofit, such as an artists association, eligible for a GMB listing, if they do not have an office open to the public?
  • Are they eligible for a listing if an artist studio doubles as an office for them, where the public can come and get arts district maps and other info?
  • This one is a tangent that has developed -- If an art studio houses multiple artists, is each artist entitled to a listing in addition to the studio?
Finally, any idea how to get a knowledge panel like these?...

• Is a nonprofit, such as an artists association, eligible for a GMB listing, if they do not have an office open to the public?
I would say probably not. It's against TOS if there are no office hours.
  • Are they eligible for a listing if an artist studio doubles as an office for them, where the public can come and get arts district maps and other info?
I would say that this could be a compromise as long as there are specified hours, and someone to answer the phone during those hours.

• This one is a tangent that has developed -- If an art studio houses multiple artists, is each artist entitled to a listing in addition to the studio?
I've had this happen with Drs who share space before, and it really is a pickle. Depending on how strict Google support rep wants to be, they may each need to prove that they are their own business. I had to submit business licences, show pics of individual permanent signage, etc, just to have a duplicate merged for one of the Drs. You may get away with listing creation, but technically they aren't eligible unless they have business hours, etc that prove that they are a unique business.

Finally, any idea how to get a knowledge panel like these?...

This is a very good question! I have no idea, but am very interested to see what others have to say.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom