More threads by EmilyW

EmilyW

Reaction score
About half the time, I keep receiving this error message when trying to accept invitation for GMB. Support says to make sure the business is in a location folder, and we are adding a user to the location folder. We have tried adding an owner by using our receiving location folder, and by the email associated with the account. What are we doing wrong? What does this error message mean?

Error message.png

Emily,

This happens with the agency dashboard. I'm going to copy over the section in my training about this.

• Once you have switched (to the agency dashboard), businesses can no longer add your email address to a listing to add you as a manager/owner. If they add your email address you will still get an email to accept it but clicking the button will result in an error. Instead, they need to add your Location Group ID number. To get this, click the location group you want to add them to and press the gear icon. The Location Group ID will be listed on the next page.
    Google-My-Business-Agency-Dashboard-1-1.png
  • If

Emily,

This happens with the agency dashboard. I'm going to copy over the section in my training about this.
Is the training available only through a full subscriber membership?

We have used this method. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. Our client who is trying to add us as owner receives an "invitation failed" error. Does this seem to be a Google error?

@EmilyW yeah it's a subscription (I spend around 4-6 hours updating it every month to keep things accurate and add new things).

If they are adding you to a location group, they need to add your organization group. If they are adding you to an individual listing, they need to add your location group ID.

It's a bit annoying but you can also request access to the listing yourself - we've found that to be easier at times.

@EmilyW yeah it's a subscription (I spend around 4-6 hours updating it every month to keep things accurate and add new things).

If they are adding you to a location group, they need to add your organization group. If they are adding you to an individual listing, they need to add your location group ID.

It's a bit annoying but you can also request access to the listing yourself - we've found that to be easier at times.
Thanks so much, Joy! We will put this into practice.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom