More threads by JoyHawkins

Currently brainstorming ideas and came across this. Love the examples! Since the examples were originally shared in 2016, I would love to see this thread refreshed with some 2019 examples of best in class location pages that also prove to attract steady traffic.

I would love to see this thread refreshed with some 2019 examples of best in class location pages that also prove to attract steady traffic.
I'd love to see that too. I'm sure the examples given back in 2016 have been updated since then (they're still online) but I'm always looking for other good examples. For some reason, I always find local landing pages to be one of the hardest things to develop.

I was gathering some for my presentation on service area businesses for LocalU Advanced next week and liked this one: Plumber Westminster CO | Drain | Sewer | Water Heater

I think all the bold is excessive but it has some other nice elements to it.

Am I the only one that hates that page?

The menu at the top takes up half the page when you scroll down.

They bolded in blue, so it looks like there's a hyperlink, but there isn't.

Keyword stuffed to the 9's in both the headings and the paragraphs.

Horribly tiny picture that adds no value.

Typically, when a page is just written for the search engines (like this one), then I would say that is an example of what NOT to do.

The whole page is like somebody took a 2003 SEO Course and tried to see how many times they could get the word plumber/plumbers on it.

Haha. I like the map, the list of services, the photo (although it's small) and the awards showcased (although it should probably be higher).

Visually, it scans better than the other one I was comparing it to.

1568140336534.png

Another problem with that one (Plumber Westminster CO | Drain | Sewer | Water Heater) is that the sticky menu does not have the phone number in the upper-right-hand corner, like, as a specially-embellished menu choice-buttony-looking thing. That's just terrible. Don't make people hunt all over the place to find the number to call!

giphy.gif

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom