More threads by klharris08

klharris08

Solutions
Reaction score
Is anybody else seeing a category expansion of the "What do you like about this business?" feature when leaving a Google review? I'm attaching an example of what I'm seeing in the insurance vertical.

2020-05-20_14-42-54.png

We have also seen in the insurance industry. Still not sure beyond that.

Interestingly, it is only seen from search (desktop and mobile) but it is not visible in Maps or the user profile on either desktop or mobile.
image (10).png

image (9).png

Hi!

For hotels categories in reviews have been available for quite a while, I want to say well over a year now. But we have not seen it displayed in reviews as in your example, it is present in Google Travel.

When prompted with the review field in GMB, users are presented with 6 categories to choose from as well as 3 review areas, as you can see from the screenshot.

Screenshot 2020-05-23 at 12.16.26.png

Screenshot 2020-05-23 at 12.16.35.png

We have not seen these categories appearing in the K.P. as in your example.

However, when a user clicks on "see all reviews" they are taken to the Google Travel environment where all the reviews of the location are listed.
Screenshot_2020-05-23_at_12_17_10.png

You are then presented with a number of categories that are pulled from user's reviews.

When you hover over them, a pop up shows the number of reviews that included terms referenced in the category, in this case it's "breakfast". It also displays the number of positive reviews and negative reviews. As far as we know, this is generated via AI.

Screenshot 2020-05-23 at 12.25.15.png

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom