More threads by lindsey.steinkamp

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been struggling with an issue with my Facebook locations and hoping someone can help! Does anyone know how to allow Facebook "child" locations that have a different name than the parent? Currently, when I go to add a new location, the Name field is grayed out and the information bubble next to the field says "Your location Pages must have the same name as the main Page. This indicates that each location is part of the same business."

However, I have access to many Facebook pages that have different names for "child" locations. When I go to add a new location, the Name field isn't grayed out, and the info bubble says "Enter a name for your location Page. The name must be identical or very similar to the main Page's name to be valid."

Facebook support documentation isn't very helpful and I can't seem to find any information elsewhere on the web. Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!

Lindsey

Is there a specific reason you want to use child pages? I do not use them since they are not friendly to any API's. They are nice for grouping though.

But yes the problem, is they all have to be the same name. I believe you can reach out to support and they will fix this for you. (I do love their live chat support)

@BenFisher - Thank you for the feedback! Do you by chance have a link to Facebook's live chat support? I've used it in the past, but am now unable to find it.

To your question about child pages - I thought this was the only way to successfully manage locations at scale. Is it possible to manage hundreds of locations for an organization without creating child locations?

Lindsey

Hi All,

I've been struggling with an issue with my Facebook locations and hoping someone can help! Does anyone know how to allow Facebook "child" locations that have a different name than the parent? Currently, when I go to add a new location, the Name field is grayed out and the information bubble next to the field says "Your location Pages must have the same name as the main Page. This indicates that each location is part of the same business."

However, I have access to many Facebook pages that have different names for "child" locations. When I go to add a new location, the Name field isn't grayed out, and the info bubble says "Enter a name for your location Page. The name must be identical or very similar to the main Page's name to be valid."

Facebook support documentation isn't very helpful and I can't seem to find any information elsewhere on the web. Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!

Lindsey

I personally think Facebook support is terrible! But yes, they can help you with this. If you have a page on your website that includes all of the location pages alongside your main brand name, this will be helpful in 'proving' they should unlock this field for you. In my experience, this can take up to 4 weeks for them to unlock. In the meantime, I used the descriptors for the unique location names if you need the child pages published immediately.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom