More threads by Peter Hill

Peter Hill

Reaction score
Hi! I'm cleaning up facebook location pages for a regional health care provider and I'm running into issues with facebook's naming convention.

The issues i'm experiencing have to do with the way we've named our clinics. They are known to the public with geographic modifiers in the place name. But Facebook doesn't accept that.

For example, "(City Name) Hospital" is being renamed to "Brand Name Hospital (City Name)" which is incorrect.

Even more irritatingly, where we have multiple locations in the same city, it's creating some ridiculous names like
Brand Name Clinic (City Name Chiropractic)

Does anyone have experience with this and (hopefully) a recommendation for a workaround?

Hi There,

If you have the proof of naming variations on your website as well as other sources such as Google, Bing, Apple, etc. you can contact Facebook support and ask them to unlock the name fields. I have done this many times in the past. I would warn though, you will not always get a rep that is knowledgeable or willing to help so you just have to keep pestering them.

I've looked everywhere on that site for multiple days and I can't find chat. Is it only available to certain users?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom