More threads by AcmeMike

AcmeMike

Reaction score
We have a competitor (contractor) that recently added a new location in GMB. I dug into their new location and learned it's just one if the owners residence. I reported this to Google, but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience dealing with this.

Service area businesses can only have one listing in most scenarios. They can't create multiple listings to cover their service areas.

I read this a few weeks ago on Sterling Sky and thought it was pretty interesting.

"The exception to this rule would be businesses that operate separately in different states. Let’s say you own a photography company but you have photographers in different states that go visit customers. In this situation, you’d be allowed one listing per state. For California and Texas, you might be permitted more than 1 due to the states being so geographically large."

Hope this helps!
Thanks --

Chelsea

I read this a few weeks ago on Sterling Sky and thought it was pretty interesting.

"The exception to this rule would be businesses that operate separately in different states. Let’s say you own a photography company but you have photographers in different states that go visit customers. In this situation, you’d be allowed one listing per state. For California and Texas, you might be permitted more than 1 due to the states being so geographically large."

Hope this helps!
Thanks --

Chelsea
This makes total sense. Our problem is people setting up multiple accounts in the same general area. What these people are doing is pretty much spam ☹️

You can still use your home address and set it as a service area business and be fine...if he's publicly showing his address on the listing you may be able to get it suspended...

You can still use your home address and set it as a service area business and be fine...if he's publicly showing his address on the listing you may be able to get it suspended...
I think in this case, there are two owners and each of them are using their home address.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom