More threads by James

James

Reaction score
Hi - there is a competitior who uses a virtual office (they are not even a competitior when you call the number it goes through to a office who distribute the calls) I reported them as a spam listing a few months ago but its still showing as google looking into it. I tried today changing the name of business to the virtual office to see if that helps.

I wondered if its likely to be removed from maps and also if that would then push it down in the natural normal rankings below the maps? We used a few tools to look into their site and it seems like they are using a pbn and hiding the site with the links on them from tools like ahrefs with the robots.txt.

Thanks for reading

James,

If you attach an image showing the Google Search result in your report, that often helps move things along faster. Also make sure you mark it as "spam" as these are addressed more often.

You can also submit it using the Business Redressal Complaint Form.

You mentioned that you used a few tools to identify that they are using a PBN. Which tools are you using?

James,

If you attach an image showing the Google Search result in your report, that often helps move things along faster. Also make sure you mark it as "spam" as these are addressed more often.

You can also submit it using the Business Redressal Complaint Form.

You mentioned that you used a few tools to identify that they are using a PBN. Which tools are you using?

I will submit it there and if nothing happens Ill post a screenshot on it. Ive put the site into ahrefs and a few other backlink checkers but they show very few backlinks. I put it into serped.net and it showed some backlinks but when I looked up those sites in ahrefs it did not have data on the sites. Looking at the sites they block ahrefs but dont block serped.net. I see this a lot when I am fishing for networks, there are a few backlinkg checkers people seem to not think of blocking in their robots/htaccess

I am also interested with the tools you are using, can you please share? Thank you
Yep have a look above

Can you share the listing in question? I'd like to take a look.

Im going to keep it to myself for now as Im actually doing loads of testing in the local niche and dont want to have any seo people getting invovled but Ill share if if I cant get rid of it!

Thanks everyone

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom