Forum software upgrade December 18, 2019

Wirenut

I noticed for a period of a few days, the "New Unread Posts" button was missing. But it came back a couple days ago. Not sure if that had something to do with this or just a general customization change.

Wirenut

Not only was it gone for those few days, but when it came back it returned to the second spot. It used to be the first spot where Forum Rules now is:

Screen Shot 2019-12-18 at 5.16.22 PM.png

It also used to say just "New Posts" without the "Unread" part which showed up a few days ago when it returned.

Here is an example from the Wayback machine. But this is not exact because it is not from a logged-in user:

Screen Shot 2019-12-18 at 5.18.21 PM.png

Notice that Rules was on the upper line, and did not say Forum Rules.

In the end, everything works fine, I am glad to have the New Posts button back, and don't mind my silly noticing of every little detail lol...

djbaxter

Administrator
Administrator
Oh... the "New Unread" link on the main navigation bar didn't change. That is the same is the "New Unread Posts" on the secondary navigation bar below the primary navigation bar.

What has changed is I now have both the main and secondary bars floating as you scroll down the page: it used to be just the main bar. When I made that change a couple of days ago, I also added "New Unread Posts" to the secondary nav bar just to make it easier to find things. :)

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...

Local University Guide

Google Product Exert