Forum upgrade this weekend

djbaxter

Administrator
Administrator
Xenforo has released the next version of the forum software that powers the Local Search Forum, version 2.1.0.

However, we are going to wait to implement this. I think we should let other more adventurous forum owners work out the bugs of this point zero release before going live with it here. There are some interesting new features to the 2.1 evolution, certainly, but my concern is that not all of them are 100% stable yet. Xenforo had originally planned a Release Candidate 3 before the "Gold" version but evidently decided to bypass that. I'm still seeing a lot of bug reports for 2.1.0 though.

Last edited:

djbaxter

Administrator
Administrator
From the official announcement:

Today, we are excited to announce that XenForo 2.1.0 has completed its pre-release phase and is now our primary supported XenForo version. This release adds a number of significant features to XenForo. The major features include:

• Native push notifications on supported devices/browsers
  • Editor button management
  • Enhanced editor integration and advanced BB code option syntax
  • Markdown support
  • Tables
  • Reactions
  • URL unfurling
  • Emoji enhancements including an improved smilie menu with easy emoji access
  • Video uploads
  • Approval queue improvements
  • Guest performance improvements including guest page caching
  • Content bookmarking and sharing
  • A fully featured REST API
  • One click XenForo upgrades and easier add-on installation
  • BB code and rich text editing for profile posts and comments
And much more! You can read more about the above and other new changes/improvements features in the Have you seen...? forum.

djbaxter

Administrator
Administrator
Xenforo 2.1.1 was released yesterday with an extensive list of bug fixes and improvements:

Changes in XF 2.1.1 include:
If all goes well, I will likely update the Local Search Forum this weekend.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...

Local University Guide

Google Product Exert