More threads by travelincat

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Foursquare verification? We submitted a business to them and requested a postcard with a PIN over 6 weeks ago. They charge $20 for "Instant" verification and I'm wondering if this delay may be a way for them to generate income.

I find their verification to be the oddest of all. You first verify by phone and they allow you to use any phone number you want, then they still require the $20 or postcard verification that never seems to arrive. I don't ever pay the $20.

Foursquare is hit and miss. I would say over half of the requests we send out never arrive. I have gotten in the habit of just sending another one within a couple weeks. I do love the phone verification as mentioned above.

Just received the card today. It took about 2 months from the time of first submission.

I agree - I've been able to complete several Foursquare verifications, but the average time to get the postcard is 1.5-2 months. Is it worth it? Only if Google weights citations based on how hard they are to get...

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom