More threads by georgenenni

georgenenni

Solutions
Reaction score
I spend a fair amount of time performing non-branded, category searches, and evaluating who wins the map pack results. We built this free tool for making it easier to find competitor Google My Business categories. The tool is called GMBspy, available for free on the Chrome Store. Would love any feedback on how we could improve it, thank you! -George Nenni
GMBspy Screenshot 1280 x 800 8-25-2020.png

This is super awesome! I have no suggestions for improvements. You nailed it.
Hey Darren, great to see you here! I planned to email you directly, but now you have it. Thank you for the kind words.

I was super excited to use this but in testing 3 competitors I get nothing:
1598631783376.png

I was super excited to use this but in testing 3 competitors I get nothing:
1598631783376.png
Sorry @hajnasiewicz for the issue, it is likely caused by using google.com/search vs. google.com/maps. The former does not work in this version, but the latter does. In the new version 1.2 this is fixed, as well as we added a function to copy the categories to the clipboard. Sorry for the issue Carolyn, I should have done a better job explaining that upfront! Please let me know if you have any other issues, thank you.

Sorry @hajnasiewicz for the issue, it is likely caused by using google.com/search vs. google.com/maps. The former does not work in this version, but the latter does. In the new version 1.2 this is fixed, as well as we added a function to copy the categories to the clipboard. Sorry for the issue Carolyn, I should have done a better job explaining that upfront! Please let me know if you have any other issues, thank you.
Thank you for the follow up. I needed to close and restart my browser is all. It works great! Thanks so much!

I spend a fair amount of time performing non-branded, category searches, and evaluating who wins the map pack results. We built this free tool for making it easier to find competitor Google My Business categories. The tool is called GMBspy, available for free on the Chrome Store. Would love any feedback on how we could improve it, thank you! -George Nenni
GMBspy Screenshot 1280 x 800 8-25-2020.png

Sounds awesome! Is there anyway that I can use it and avoid GMBspy having permissions to change my Google data?

Hey @Jeannie , we have been trying to figure out what that means, and how we can code so it doesn't give that warning. We read the HTML data, but don't change anything, or write anything, so we cannot get to the bottom of it. Of course you need GMB login access to change any of those settings. Maybe someone reading this will have ideas on why the tool flags this warning?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom