More threads by Gloria Gunn

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if anyone else is seeing this: My client reported that his G+ Listing disappeared. He said he got notice that it was a duplicate page. When I logged into his account, it simply says: "We are currently updating your account. It will be unavailable for a few hours. If you continue to see this message after a few hours, let us know. "

That's the only thing in his dashboard. Nothing else. Has Anyone else seen that, and if so, how long does this update take? Client reported the duplicate page warning that happened yesterday or Friday and that his listing has been blocked. When I search for his G+ page it says profile not found. It disappeared. Here is a screenshot: Has Anyone else experienced this:

wPr253o9ouuOQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

gPlaces dashboard.jpg

Hey Gloria,

I've never seen that particular message before.

I'll keep an eye out.

Thanks Colan-

It says to check in a few hours... So I will check to see if the message still exists. If so? hmm not sure I will email them to see if I can get some type of explanation.

Thanks,

Gloria

Hi Gloria. I have not seen it either but want to be sure we're clear on what's up.

I assumed you were talking PLACES dash? Because the screenshot of dash says Places for Biz.

But the title says: G+ Dashboard
Then you said: "When I search for his G+ page it says profile not found".

Place pages aren't profiles. Where were you searching? G+, maps or regular search?

So now I'm confused. Are you really talking G+ dash or is this all in Places dash?

Link to Place page or business phone would help.

Hi Linda sorry for the confusion. I tried to post this 2x before but kept getting posting errors. When I went to places.google.com I got the message that I showed an image for in my first post that started this thread. I then clicked onto the G+ link at the top right of the screen and it took me to the + profile that is attached to the email that he uses to login to places. I went to the dashboard then clicked on pages and it took me please see attachment: places page blocked

I then clicked where it said to verify and got the message on the attachment named listing blocked

Not sure what is going on- any advise or insights would be helpful-
Thanks,
Gloria

places page blocked.jpg

This is definitely new to me as well. Have not seen either of those screen shots before. Keep us updated. Would love to know how it goes. Wish I had more for you.

Oh dear. All sorts of craziness. So it does seem to go back to duplicate listing warnings happening of late. I do suspect some previous SEO or someone has created a G+ page in their dashboard. I will try to dig more and get to the bottom of this and report the findings as soon as I hear. I will be calling Google tomorrow morning for sure.

Thanks again Scott-

Gloria

Thanks Gloria,

I have seen that 2nd screen shot warning before - page marked as spam.

It's come up at the G forum and is usually from what I've seen a G+ Business page issue, but then you also had that update notice in the Places dash.

Ya I'd call support.

Oh my- I will contact them in the morning for sure. I am looking for any duplicates and have contacted the client to see if any previous SEO or anyone in his company created a profile that he didn't know about. I will keep Y'all posted as soon as call Google to see what they say-

Thanks again-

Gloria

Thanks again for providing feedback to this thread- I just got off the phone with Google and here is what they said:

The places listing is live but what appeared to have happened is the client manually created a +page and because of the updates going on Google is marking it as a duplicate even though he has no duplicate listings or other pages out there. The rep said that in maps you can search and find the places page but he just can't interact socially with his customers until the updates are complete which should be in about two weeks. It could happen before, but all the updates will be done in about two weeks. Also can't make any changes to his listing until then.

Hope this helps-

Thanks,

Gloria

That's the cause of the page marked as spam too?

Google does an update and you get marked as spam? Makes no sense as usual.

I know Linda- did I mention that Google was the devil?

I asked the rep repeatedly and she said it was due to a manual merge and the marking as spam was due to Google viewing it as a duplicate even though there are no duplicates. Apparently, the client created a places page, then went over to G+ and created a separate plus page back in the day. Now with the integrated updates apparently for some, it's causing issues

Gloria

We're all going to need a drink after this settles out...if it does.

It is crazy for sure. I checked again today- mind you the issue has been going on all weekend and he still has no g+ profile that he can post to. This is a client that is pretty active on g+ and likes to post stuff. I am going to call Google again tomorrow to see if I get the same or different answer from a different rep. Any new updates I get I will go ahead and post to this thread. There have got to be tons of business owners that are freaking out by now I am sure.

Thanks and if anyone has any info to add, that would be great!

Thanks,

Gloria

In regards to these random updates and confusing duplicates talk, should we be following this thread or the one Linda linked on Page 1 -> http://localsearchforum.catalystema...mail-re-google-places-duplicate-listings.html

Google, please clear this confusion cloud overcast :(

Hi Aaron, this thread is just about Gloria's client specifically and I think it might be a little different.

I'd follow the main thread linked to in the quote as that's more the general discussion about the problem. Also I think Google is reading that one and that's where I'll post the update once they get it finished.

Hello all - I'm new to the forum, but having the same issue as Gloria.

I called Google Support today and they told me they were switching and updating to a new places for busienss dashboard, and this is going to go on for 2-4 weeks (estimated).

The support staff member let me know that all of the sites on my account are still there, and they are active but if the problem is still occurring in 24 hours to call back.

I'll keep the forum posted how the process moves along.

-Steven

Hello all - I'm new to the forum, but having the same issue as Gloria.

I called Google Support today and they told me they were switching and updating to a new places for busienss dashboard, and this is going to go on for 2-4 weeks (estimated).

The support staff member let me know that all of the sites on my account are still there, and they are active but if the problem is still occurring in 24 hours to call back.

I'll keep the forum posted how the process moves along.

-Steven

Thanks Steven and welcome!

Wanted to be sure you guys see the following post. Because part of what you are going through is the upgrade - and it's great that now they at least message you in dash that that's the issue.

However I think part of the problem too is that someone created a G+ page and manually merged at some point. (I've been warning for a year not to do it and Google said not to merge either.) So part of this I think is the fallout from that.

See this thread and see if the lower part of it relates to your situation.

Warning Email re Google Places Duplicate Listings

Just wanted to give an update- I logged in today and lo and behold the upgrade to the new dashboard is complete. Uh oh- The client did have a duplicate in their dashboard (shame shame) so I got on the phone with Google, deleted the dashboard and had to go into settings and hit manage this listing and it automatically merged it with their g+ business profile. I guess it all boils down to duplicates that either that was created by client or on their behalf.

Hopefully, the upgrades get completed across the board and things settle down.

Thanks to all for your information and feedback on this thread. It has been helpful.

Gloria

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom