More threads by Ryanl

Ryanl

Reaction score
So, I've submitted to Google Maps and filled out the form for a garage door company using GMB to generate leads on a fake profile. I've got two more in the same town. Both fake. I've called the numbers and all. I even did a video and submitted it with tons of info proving its spam. Google even had Brusters Ice Cream as the streets photo. This is getting out of hand and it's crazy that it sticks and no matter what I do it won't come down.

I've reported on GMB and used the redressal form. It seems super obvious but neither are working.

Any suggestions?

How long has it been since you submitted the redressal form? Depending on the backlog it can take anywhere from two weeks to a month.

Hi Ryan,

I wonder if the status of your Google Local Guides comes into play when editing maps for Spam and Doesn't Exist, as in, top contributors having their edits approved faster.

I'm at Level 5, 750 points. I've noticed marking Spam and Doesn't Exist has typically led to long "Pending" periods, but marking Closed and editing Business Hours gets approved pretty quickly.

If you can network with a Level 9 or Level 10 contributor to suggest these edits, it would be interesting to read here the results.

Hi @CJCJR

Having a higher local guide level in and of itself does not influence edits getting published. We recently wrote an article about this.

Thanks Colan,

Half suspected (with the glass half full) that a Local Search Forum member was going to reply with a case study like this.

@Ryanl Are the listings verified? Do they have reviews?

@Ryanl There is a tad of a backlog with the redressal form at the moment. Just have to be patient. Sounds like you did a great job in reporting.

It's been 2 months since I submitted a redressal form and 3 weeks since I re-submitted. Still no action on Google's part.

I am said to see that "local guides" my area contribute to the (Garage Door) spam. Flags: keyword repetition, English not first language (nor French which is common where I live) although review written in English. I don't need to look further to see that said "guide" reviews businesses in various cities :)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom