GatherUp Schema Code

mattheffner

I'm using GatherUp widget to markup with review schema on several pages of my client's websites and it's working great. However, my call tracking provider's (PhoneWagon) DNI code is picking up the schema and changing the phone number for the schema like it does for the rest of the website. When I validate the schema markup I see the wrong phone number. Has anyone else had this issue? I've been on with both support teams and there doesn't seem to be much I can do. Any suggestions you've done to work around it or is this even something I should really worry about?

Rik Delta

This is so stabbing in the dark - but what if you put the DNI code into GTM and play with when the tag fires (DOM Ready, Page View, ...)? So that after the GatherUp widget info has returned the data (ph#) the DNI code fires and looks for the number to replace?

Hi Matt

Mike Blumenthal here. I can’t speak to Rik’s suggestion which does seem like a possibility.

But when I get back from speaking next week I would be glad to contact PhoneWagons tech support to see what the choices are.

Email: mike at Gatherup dot com

Let me know

We had “our engineers talk to their engineers”. And it sounds like their JavaScript just strips any and all phone numbers from the page.

They will take a deeper look but our engineers did not think there was an obvious solution.

mattheffner

@mblumenthal thank you very much for taking a look and having them put their heads together again. BTW would love if we could tag 3rd party reviews and show them in the tag widget but not mark them up with schema (same as the main widget) it would be an awesome enhancement to a great tool. Have mentioned to Chris but thought I would suggest while I have your ear.

@Rik Delta I think this could be a great solution to delay the firing. Any suggestions on someone to implement?

d2minc

Not sure about PhoneWagon - but when using Callrail - if you add the number like this - (123) 123-<span>1234<span> - in the schema markup - it will not dynamically rotate the number.

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
@mblumenthal thank you very much for taking a look and having them put their heads together again. BTW would love if we could tag 3rd party reviews and show them in the tag widget but not mark them up with schema (same as the main widget) it would be an awesome enhancement to a great tool. Have mentioned to Chris but thought I would suggest while I have your ear.
Definitely second this.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...

Local Search Forum

Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group