More threads by Brian - TGL

Brian - TGL

Reaction score
I had never utilized Event Posts until yesterday, It had always been my understanding that they would be visible on the Knowledge Panel for the GBP and that you would be able to find them in the event search.

That doesn't seem to be the case, I did a quick search in the forum and I see references to using event-related schema or third-party plugins/software.

Are there any particular things to take into consideration when creating an Event Post to help it be indexed in those places?

What do you mean by "the event search"? I believe you may be confusing "event posts" and the events section of the GBP (see pic). They are completely distinct things, and the former do not show in the latter. In fact, I'm not sure there is any guaranteed way to influence the events section...
1695920974559.jpg

What do you mean by "the event search"?

This is what I refer to as "the event search":

Using your example of a venue, I see 9 events on the GBP and 9 events in the "event search".

Ohhhhhh, right. It's not available in French (or if it is, I haven't figured out the kafkaian query that trigegrs it) so I had literally forgotten it exists. Yeah, since it's clearly connected to GBP event sections, you can't influence it by making events posts, sadly. Schema and other discussions are related to trying to get stuff to show there, but I don't really know anything further aside from the fact that event posts do not do anything.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom