More threads by Oliver Keates

Reaction score
Is there a way around having to do a video recording for GBP verification? I have updated the address on my current listing and google say the listing needs to be updated. Thanks

Hi Oliver,

Not really. You can try contacting support but they will try to get you video verified as well. If you contact them and they get you manually verified in some other way I'd love to hear about it.

I had a success on a recorded video a few months ago but that was one time. I asked my client to take the video and send it over. I played the video on my pc and took my phone and carefully took a video of my screen making sure it is within the frame. It worked. Not sure if it will work again tho.

@johnlavapie_SEO and @ibweb . Thanks for the info, the verification video seems to want alot of sensitive information. What are googles guidelines in regards to the video/data storage and GDPR. For example its virtually impossible to not show other peoples faces in the video.

I would appreciate your thoughts @JoyHawkins

Many thanks

@johnlavapie_SEO and @ibweb . Thanks for the info, the verification video seems to want alot of sensitive information. What are googles guidelines in regards to the video/data storage and GDPR. For example its virtually impossible to not show other peoples faces in the video.

I would appreciate your thoughts @JoyHawkins

Many thanks

Can you do a video of the location off-hours? E.g. can you get access to the building when employees aren't present? Google doesn't need to see your employees as part of the video verification process. They are looking for proof of access and proof of ownership.

I understand that still means the exterior shots that are necessary may be difficult if the business location is in a high trafficked area.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom