More threads by DiGesu

DiGesu

Reaction score
Hi!
I'm trying to rank for a different city than the one my business is located.
I will call it city B.
If I get my business listed on a website from city B - like a chamber of commerce- should I list my homepage site, or should I create a city B page (like mysite.com/cityB), and list that page?
Thanks!!

@DiGesu, I'd probably list the homepage, but it depends on the particulars of your situation.

1. Is city B near city A?

2. Is your business a service-area business (and not bricks-and-mortar)?

3. Does your homepage rank well in city A, or for search terms specific to city A?

4. Do you have a Google My Business page for city B, and if so, what landing page URL do you use?

5. If you do not get (for whatever reason) any links to mysite.com/cityB, would you still want that page on your site? (Would customers find it useful?)

@Phil Rozek

1. Is city B near city A? They are right next to each other. And they are both really small cities.

2. Is your business a service-area business (and not bricks-and-mortar)? Service area

3. Does your homepage rank well in city A, or for search terms specific to city A? Yes

4. Do you have a Google My Business page for city B, and if so, what landing page URL do you use? No, I don't. I don't have an address on city B. Will it be legal to have a listing on city B if I don't have an address to use?

5. If you do not get (for whatever reason) any links to mysite.com/cityB, would you still want that page on your site? (Would customers find it useful?) No, I don't think so. My business is pretty simple, I just have a few services that we offer. If I make a city page, I will be repeating the same services listed on the rest of the site. Customers will not find any real value, I think.

Thanks Phil!

@DiGesu, given all of that, I'd definitely point the links to your homepage.

You'll want to add a paragraph (to the homepage) in which you describe your service area.

Re. #4: you wouldn't be eligible for a 2nd GMB page, just to target city B.

Typically I would say the service area page you've created. But that's if you're going to be targeting high competition areas and more than just 2 of them.

If you're only going to be targeting these 2 areas the homepage should be fine. Just make sure you optimize the homepage for the 2nd area as well.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom