More threads by Chaddow

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

Just wanted to flag this to you all that I spotted a glitch within GMB today

Business pages I have managed for years have suddenly started showing “own this business” even tho they are verified within my primary owner GMB dashboard as well as within agency and continue to show as such

When you click on "own this business" of a verified location you are shown this message below so it would take some work from this screen for damage to be done to the listings as support would refer them back to your verified email and they would go through the claims process

But it would be worth login into the email address that manage your listings and your agency dashboard more regularly over the next few days to ensure nothing happens while the fix is being put in place

I have phone google support and they openly admit that this is a bug and they are working on a fix

Yeah it's likely a bug/glitch. Google started rolling out updated messaging on business profiles so some say "Manage This Business" and some say "Own This Business" but there seems to be lots of inconsistencies.

I'd give this all a week or two to get sorted out.

Hello @Colan Nielsen it seems to be the same issue that Oliver and Carolyn are having on that thread but I am still a bit confuse as to why this has changed this week

There is also a Google-admitted bug right now where verified listings get stuck in post-verification pending state. We have several stuck like that right now and Google doesn't have a time table for a fix.

I also get frustrated by the duplicate merge process. Sometimes they catch it and mark a listing duplicate and copy the reviews over so that's easy enough to delete, but if they don't catch it, they tell you to delete one of the listings from your account and trust them to merge and delete the other listing. I went to a lot of trouble to get both listings, I don't want to just remove one.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom