More threads by JoshuaMackens

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I know with "smart campaigns" you can show up in the GMB results. A few questions:

1) Is that the only way you show up in GMB results is with a "smart campaign"?

2) Can you change the number in the GMB results to a call tracking number and still keep your main number on the GMB page?

Hey @JoshuaMackens

So it isn't the only way to show up in the gmb results. As long as you are running a location extension you will be eligible to show for them.

There is no way to target them directly but one of the ways that can help you get more activity from them is targeting a radius around "google my business"
1591118523545.png

If you update the phone number within the "Extra information" field of the GMB listing, it will update the phone number for the ads allowing you to track them

Thanks man!

He is running smart campaigns exclusively. Can I change the number in those?

Heya! The number is changed from the GMB listing itself. 2020-07-07_0933

When you change the number there to a tracking number, that number will only show when the GMB shows in local/maps results as an ad.

Are there any benefits to using a call tracking number here, other than being able to see the data in GMB Insights?

Heya! The number is changed from the GMB listing itself. 2020-07-07_0933

When you change the number there to a tracking number, that number will only show when the GMB shows in local/maps results as an ad.

So, the phone number in "Google Ads location extensions phone" in the GMB dashboard is no longer showing up on our ad. The general number for the business is now showing. I asked Ads support but they gave me the usual run around and couldn't figure it out. They sent me to GMB support who sent me back to Ads support. Unreal.

Anyways, anyone have this issue before and know how to fix it?

Hey @JoshuaMackens

I moved back over to our SEO team earlier this year, and haven't had much to do with PPC so I haven't noticed this issue myself.

I wonder if opting into the call tracking within GMB has something to do with this. It doesn't make sense though. I'll chat with the PPC team and see if they've noticed anything similar.

Hey @JoshuaMackens

I moved back over to our SEO team earlier this year, and haven't had much to do with PPC so I haven't noticed this issue myself.

I wonder if opting into the call tracking within GMB has something to do with this. It doesn't make sense though. I'll chat with the PPC team and see if they've noticed anything similar.

Thank you so much, Cherie!

Hey Cherie,

Any update?

I've been through 3-4 Google Ads support calls, and been passed between the Ads team and GMB team 5 different times. For whatever reason, they can't figure this out. Super frustrating lol.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom