GMB "Advanced Information" Labels?

Ben Bowen

Forum Member
I am wondering what sort of information goes in the "Labels" field. Is that for agency use, when you manage multiple locations/listings?

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
Hi Ben,

Labels are just for organizational purposes. You can search for locations in your GMB based on the labels. For example, let's say you had a bunch of locations that were on the east coast. You could label them all with "east coast" and then you could search/filter by "east coast" in your dashboard if you just wanted to view those locations.

FYI, I was talking to GMB support the other day and the technician seemed very clear that labelling according to the business key terms would provide ranking benefit. I said to him that I just couldn't see that being the case, but he insisted.

I think it's a case of him not having a clue, but decided to share here in case anybody had any extra input?

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
FYI, I was talking to GMB support the other day and the technician seemed very clear that labelling according to the business key terms would provide ranking benefit. I said to him that I just couldn't see that being the case, but he insisted.

I think it's a case of him not having a clue, but decided to share here in case anybody had any extra input?
Believe it or not, these guys get incorrect information all the time and hand it out like cupcakes seemingly.

With that being said, you never know what works and doesn't work with Google. I'm tempted to say no but unless there is a case study, that wouldn't be my definitive answer.

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Thanks for giving me another example of why it's never a good idea to take ranking advice from someone that works at Google.

The other use of the labels field is to label listings to pull into Google Ads instead of syncing all locations.