More threads by TerryLee

TerryLee

Reaction score
Hi, I get the following error message when trying to accept a gmb manager invite:
"You aren’t eligible to be a member of an organization or user group. To associate your account with an organization, any locations or location groups directly owned by your account must first be removed or transferred."
I used to manage the same business and stopped a couple of months prior and removed access.
I was asked to manage again and get the above error on accepting the invite.
I have tried with a different email address also.
I have a problem lodged with gmb support that is with “technical engineers and no eta can be provided” for almost two weeks now.
I thought I might also test the brains of this group for any other suggestions on how to fix please?

Hey Terry,

You can't have them add your email as a user anymore. You need to have them add the ID number for the location group you are putting the listing in.

Hi Joy, the group id was used to add, any other suggestions please?

So they added your location group ID as a user and then you went into your manage invites section in the dashboard and when you clicked to accept, it gave you that message?

The invite only appeared in my email, not on the agency dashboard.
The instruction given was to enter my group id. I think I may have misunderstood you earlier, are you saying if they entered my agency email address instead of the group id, then that would cause this error?

Yes, if you're getting an email that's what they did. The other way (them adding your group ID) doesn't send an email, it just causes it to show up in your Manage Invites tab.

Apologies for the late response, I was away for a few weeks. I can confirm the problem was due to the client using my email address instead of the group id when being prompted for the name or email of the new user to add.
Maybe someday google could add a mention of group id for agencies on the user add function to minimise chance of mistake, for now I will emphasize for future clients.
Thanks for your help Joy :)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom