More threads by Andy Eads

Andy Eads

Reaction score
We have a non profit and we want to claim our new business location. It is under construction so we do not receive mail at the physical location. We do have a PO Box that is in another town. GMB will not let me claim the business unless I receive the verification by mail. The business is Lagro Canal Foundation in Indiana. I am logged in to my gmail account when I am trying to do this. What are your suggestions?

@Andy Eads, I suggest either:

1. Have the postcard sent to your (or someone else's) home. Once you complete the verification, remove the address from your GMB dashboard. (Yes, Google allows that these days.) You can always re-verify the page at the new address, once you can receive mail there. Or you can keep the address hidden, if the organization won't deal much with people face-to-face at its permanent location.

2. Wait until you can receive mail at the permanent address. Not sure a GMB page is too time-sensitive (or even important) for most non-profits.

There is another option that I typically recommend in this situation. Especially if you want your address to be visible on your GMB. I'm not saying Phil's suggestion is wrong, just that there is more than one way to go about this.

What I would do is request the postcard anyway to the correct address, even though the postcard won't arrive. After a week, contact GMB support and explain that you requested the postcard but haven't received it and they should be able to help you get manually verified.

You can also get in touch with Google about verification issues via this form: https://support.google.com/business/contact/verification_code_issues

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom