More threads by ChristianRdz

ChristianRdz

Reaction score
Is creating a Google My Business website recommended even if the business already has a good website? I see SEOs recommending it due to it counting as another 'citation'. Just wondering what others' opinions were on the subject.

I agree. There is very minimal effort involved in creating one so that's certainly a positive.

Thank you everyone, seems like little to no value but little to no time investment to publish.

build it with one Backlink to your main site then help it a bit with some backlinks .. not many but you will see going up near your main site.. it is my experience .-) I always build business sites for my clients, 15 mn time of work

If you read the Google patents then you will see that having a GMB business.site with NAP, service areas including areas within service areas, geo tagged photos, exact opening times including closed xmas day etc, list of your services and products and details about them, appointment button to your real website will give Google what they have asked for in the patents and help Google rank you higher.

Short address has bugs in it so wouldn't add a short address at moment.

@keyserholiday - Hi Jason, I noticed you liked both Yan and Carolyn's posts. Seems its easy to do but doesn't provide much value from SEO perspective. This is not something I am currently utilizing for my clients. I am trying to understand if it benefits the business owner and/or client in any way to have this site. For instance would this eliminate the need to providing links to directly to leave a review and/or share the "short name" url? Perhaps the simpler way to ask this is - Jason, would you create the Google My Business Website for your clients?

Last edited:
When I worked for a nationwide franchise, I wouldn’t create them. They serve no value and they the franchises had lots of online references that it was pointless to create them. If you had a new business, then go ahead and create it just to take up space for the business. Several people claim that their is a ranking benefit to them and I have yet to see any clear cut evidence supporting it.

When I worked for a nationwide franchise, I wouldn’t create them. They serve no value and they the franchises had lots of online references that it was pointless to create them. If you had a new business, then go ahead and create it just to take up space for the business. Several people claim that their is a ranking benefit to them and I have yet to see any clear cut evidence supporting it.
Got it! Thank you, Jason.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom