More threads by FriarTuck00

@Tony Wang I do but haven't had to add anyone in awhile.

@JoyHawkins Are you no longer using Moz Local? What was your experience with BrightLocal on the data aggregator side?

Thanks everyone. I used to do the manual one-time submission at the aggregators, but it always seemed a hassle to keep the accounts active, I recall some of them wanted you to change pw or login every month or quarter. Especially if there were messy citations and I wanted to make sure old data didn't creep back in, that's why I started paying Moz and BrightLocal every year, seemed cheap and convenient enough at the time.

@JoshuaMackens - we have never used Moz Local here and I used Yext once for a test client. I can't see the value in a reocurring bill for citations for our clients. Our experience with Bright Local was good. We didn't renew the data aggregators and thusfar I haven't seen any negative impacts from that because the core data on them didn't get deleted.

After reading this yesterday, I wanted to be sure it wasn't going to be a problem for a client of mine. Here is what Moz Local support said...
...it looks like this location is verified against both Facebook and Google. Because of that, any single change to just one of those listings (like an updated phone number) will not take effect until both show the change. Since you've only changed Google's number and not Facebook, your listing should stay as-is and only push out the old Facebook number. You can always check which number is on file in your Moz Local dashboard. So, no action is needed for this listing to continue pushing out the correct number.

@Rich Owings if there's a problem with their connection to the FB API, it will automatically verify against Google. That happened once or twice this year to me. They did send a warning that data had changed, but I don't know if I want to depend on that. Yes, you can keep an eye on it in the Moz dashboard, but I'm paying them so I don't have to monitor it.

@JoshuaMackens - we have never used Moz Local here and I used Yext once for a test client. I can't see the value in a reocurring bill for citations for our clients. Our experience with Bright Local was good. We didn't renew the data aggregators and thusfar I haven't seen any negative impacts from that because the core data on them didn't get deleted.

Agreed on Yext. I use Moz Local for the aggregators because there's zero work from me for the most part. Is BrightLocal comparable in that area? Do you have to do a lot of leg work for them?

@Tony Wang Yeah, and my situation is complicated by the fact that some clients have their own Moz Local accounts so I don't get those notifications! I like the fact that Moz Local hits all the data aggregators and that they cost so much less than Yext, but this concerns me. I will likely drop them after one year, for at least one of my clients, because of this issue.

@Colan Nielsen @JoshuaMackens

Sorry for delayed response - Christmas getting in the way :)

We do submit to all 4 aggregators - cost is $55/year (no automatic renewal)

In terms of effort by the customer, typically we just need the business data that you want adding/changing in aggregator databases. However there are certain circumstances where the customer may need to get involved:

1. Pre-submissions check: if we see that the data provided doesn't match GMB or business website then we contact customer to reconfirm the information provided is correct

2. Managed existing listing: if the business already has a listing that is currently being managed* by another service (e.g. MozLocal or customer directly) then we email the customer to ask if they know who's managing their listing and if they can ask them to release the listing so we can claim and manage it ourselves.

*Managed listings are listings that have been paid for within last 12 months. Once you purchase aggregator submissions you have ability to update the data free of charge for 12 months and during this period it is marked as 'managed'.

3. Infogroup verification: Infogroup does a call verification to businesses that they cannot verify from their database and their other sources. They do call these business phone number to verify the data that we submitted to them before they accept the business information.

I hope this is helpful & clear.

Thanks

Myles

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom