More threads by Travis Van Slooten

Solutions
Reaction score
I have a client who has a business location on St. Simons Island, GA. I have verified through multiple sources that the official address is indeed, St. Simons Island.

We have St. Simons Island in the GMB dashboard but when you search the company in Google or Google Maps, their profile shows their address as St. Simons, GA.

Why does Google do that? And is this a sign that something is "wrong" and I should change the address in GMB dashboard to St. Simons? His website and all citation sources are listed as St. Simons Island because that's his official address so I don't really want to change anything but it bugs me Google won't display the address as St. Simons Island.

If I had to guess, it is likely because the actual Google Maps database has that information as "St. Simons" and not "St. Simons Island", so it doesn't really matter what you put in the dashboard because it will essentially "autocorrect" it on the live Maps listing anyway.

I have a similar problem with a client I'm currently working on. They are located on Boone Street and we have it input on their GMB dashboard as Boone Street, but their Maps page continues to show "Boone Avenue". In our case, it's because Google Maps has the road incorrectly named on the actual Map itself, so the listing is being auto-corrected to match what the Map says regardless of what our dashboard says. I'm assuming your issue is similar, though I could be wrong.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom