More threads by Nishant Mehta

Nishant Mehta

Reaction score
If some one could help me interpret GMB nos. in terms of time frame. It says as 1 week, 1month and 1 quarter. So is it cumulative from the day the listing has been live or is it exactly 7 days, 30 days and so on. Some explanation in that regards shall be really good.

Have gone through the post How to Interpret Google My Business (GMB) Insights - Sterling Sky Inc, however I am bit confused on the time factor calculations i.e. is it exact 30 days of data and the past data has been removed or is it cumulative and keeps on adding it or how.

Some guidance/inputs shall be helpful for me.

Google support page Phone call, says " ...to see data from the last week, month or quarter."
Slide your cursor on the graphs, you can view the number of traffic, directions, and calls for exact days up until yesterday.
Further down the page, it shows you the time of day calls were made.

Hi Nishant, I typically select the "customized range" option and set it for the days of the month, so for May the 1st-31st. However, this is only for the export of GMB insights not the insights dashboard.

I believe if you select the 30 days option it is 30 days of data which includes the last day data is available (insights are on a 3 day delay).

I just went to double check and the 30 day option for me says 5/25 - 6/23 which is exactly 30 days.

The data is there for up to 18 months from the last available day of data I believe. But I could be wrong about that. I know you can get at least a years worth of data from insights.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Thanks guys for helping with the answer. Pasting below the screen grab for the time period.

IN this scenario how do I figure the time period.

My aim /requirement is to collect monthly data. How do I figure this out.

Regards

Happy to help.

When you first log into GMB, select the checkbox next to store code:

then click the actions button on the right and scroll down to insights:

select discovery insights:

select customized range in the drop down, then set your dates to whatever range you want insights for. I selected May 1st - May 31st:

Then click download report and the insights for the selected time period will be available to open via csv. To get monthly data just go in and download the insights this way after the 3rd of the following month (there is a 3 day delay in data)

Hope this helps!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom