More threads by Barry Zuber

Reaction score
Hello.

I have a client who is a new business moving into an existing building that had a church in it previously.

When you pull up the address in Google Maps, the pin has the name of the church. Of course we want to show the name of the business.

The business has moved in and is getting mail at the address to receive a confirmation post card from Google

Here's what I plan to do:

1) Create a GMB listing for the new business with confirmation mailed to the address

2) Mark the previous church as closed at the address but do it now before we get the confirmation for the business

I don't think the church is active any more as I cannot find it online.

Also, the GMB listing for the church is unclaimed if that's helpful info to know.

What do you think of this approach?

Thanks,

Barry

Thats how I would do that. Since its not an acquisition you are doing it the correct way

I don't think the church is active any more as I cannot find it online.

I would just make sure the church is actually closed before marking it closed on Google Maps! I'm sure your client can confirm.

Otherwise, sounds good to me too.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom