GMB listing for Housing Development - Setup and verification

intlocal

Hi,
there is a new housing development being erected by my client and he would like to have a Google listing for it. I found a "Housing Development" category on the list in the Google My Business dashboard.

My question is whether I can create and verify such a listing? Will it comply with the GMB guidelines? And finally, can I put a website and phone number of the company that builds that housing development?

I would be glad for some help :)

djcoppedge

To Colan's point, if the sales office is at the development and has a unique address, phone number, and customer facing hours, then you can use that as your "development" listing. But if you have a sales office off-site, then there really isn't a way to create a listing for the development itself aside from the sales office.

Linda Buquet

there is a new housing development being erected...
In addition to what the guys said, if there is or will be an office there, you should not try to create a listing until it's ready to be open. So no listing during the construction phase.

intlocal

Thank you all for the answers! :)

Will the competitors' verified listings for housing development be removed then, if someone reports them?

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...

Local University Guide

Google Product Exert