More threads by borinqen

borinqen

Reaction score
Hi! We are a small IT Company that is currently being heavily affected by this pandemic. We are trying to ensure that we do everything we can to help our SEO and to make sure that we are doing it correctly. We have two locations. Is it ok to have two separate Google listings if we have two offices? Or will this negatively impact our ranking.

Hey there,

It's a-okay to have two separate listings for distinct locations. I take it they have separate signage, phone numbers, and obviously addresses? If so there's nothing in Google's guidelines that would go against that — assuming that (usually, outside of Covid-19 circumstances) both offices are manned by your own staff during the specified opening hours and that you do greet customers at those addresses. If you're unsure, you can take a look at the GMB guidelines here. It may also be worth looking at the guidelines for service-area businesses. If you usually visit customers at their homes you'd be eligible to add a service-area, too.

Aside from that, I'm sorry to hear you're struggling during these bizarre times. I work for BrightLocal and my colleague Jamie has been compiling helpful news updates, resources, and initiatives to help folks who are struggling. You can check it out here and hopefully it's of some use to you.

Take care!

Hi Stephanie! Tks for the info! yes, they are definitely two distinct locations with their own address, phone numbers, staff, etc. We have looked at the guidelines as we want to make sure that we are in compliance. We just wanted to ensure since we have read that having two separate listing could impact our ranking. Again, thanks for your feedback!

Hi Joshua, they are not in the same city. They are about 15 to 20 miles from each other.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom