More threads by Norbert Z.

Norbert Z.

Reaction score
Hello, does the rank of the owner influence the position of the business card, such as the number of opinions issued, the local guide, corrections of places, etc.? Forgive me for my spelling and if the topic was raised.

Hi @Norbert Z.
Generally the answer is no.
That said, if the owner/manager account has had really bad behaviour, then the listing can be impacted - usually suspended.
If the account is in good standing, then no, there's no impact.

So a month ago google suspended all of our franchisees gmb's (190) we now only have about 60 still suspended after weeks of email communication. It's painful. We are finding for the majority nothing is wrong and they end up reinstating them or "escalating" them. Any way we can push this along for these small business owners. As you know phone support is down. We also were made aware by a google rep (before phone lines went down) that a previous owner reported us for violations. We have the email, name and date of that notification. Isn't this pretty unscrupulous to do ?

Hi @Norbert Z.
Generally the answer is no.
That said, if the owner/manager account has had really bad behaviour, then the listing can be impacted - usually suspended.
If the account is in good standing, then no, there's no impact.

Hello Margaret,

I am reopening this chat once again. I recently saw a similar message after a GBP suspension, but I noticed new wording that says "A Google Account associated with this Business Profile is not in good standing."
I am curious to know what it means by "not in good standing"?! Does it imply that the person managing the Gmail account that owns or manages the listing has violated GBP policies by, for example making to many edits to the profile, or something like that?
I wanted to know if @Colan Nielsen or anyone else in the forum has more information about this type of message, since I can't find any similar wording into Official GBP Help section.

I would appreciate any information you can provide.

Thank you.

not good standing.jpg

That means that the suspension isn't related to the location itself. Instead, Google has a problem with the account, or one of the admin accounts connected to the location.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom