More threads by SEOrob

SEOrob

Reaction score
Hi there,

I was hoping someone could clear up an issue I’ve been having for a client. Looking in their GMB account, their primary category is ‘tire shop’ however when looking at their local competitors their GMB map pack listing is set to ‘tyre shop’ and this is an issue because more people are searching using the keyword ‘tyre’ than ‘tire’ in their search queries and it's a big driver of traffic to their website. GMB doesn’t give me the option to set the primary category to ‘tyre shop’ so I wondered if anyone could tell me why it won’t and why businesses have successfully got ‘tyre shop’ as a primary category in their listings.

1542041498169.png

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Categories often have global IDs that differ from the way they are displayed in a specific country. The global ID is the name given to a specific category across all countries but the way it's shown on Google in your country can be different.

In this case, "tire shop" is the global ID and "tyre shop" is how it displays in the UK. They are one in the same so if you use "tire shop" in GMB it should show up on Google as "tyre shop".

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom