More threads by Tamara13

Tamara13

Reaction score
We have e-commerce site and all our product pages are marked up with structured data: product and product review. Google shows our aggregate rating in SERP for the product search quires. But we also want Google to show our company GMB rating in SERP under other general pages, like about us, contact us, etc. As I understand Google doesn't show rate stars under homepage? Is it right? How we can influence Google to show GMB rate stars under selected pages of the site?
What markup we should add?

Unfortunately, the method you are looking for would violate Google's Guidelines. Both reviews and aggregate rating must come directly from users gathered by the site, which means no third-party reviews (Google and GMB are third-party here.)

For your strategy though would require, implementing a review/rating system on the site and then adding structured data markup around this.

Both reviews and aggregate rating must come directly from users gathered by the site, which means no third-party reviews (Google and GMB are third-party here.)

I thought so too, but I've seen others say this isn't so, and I can no longer find it in the guidelines.

I can no longer find it in the guidelines.

It is listed further down the page under the "Technical guidelines" section below the markup samples and I bet it gets skipped a lot because of the placement.

If this has changed and we can markup GMB ratings and reviews that would be a huge boon for a lot of sites.

I think the guidelines have change. In the past I think the rule was only for specific rich results. Now it seems that third party reviews for local businesses is always against the guidelines.

Unfortunately, the method you are looking for would violate Google's Guidelines. Both reviews and aggregate rating must come directly from users gathered by the site, which means no third-party reviews (Google and GMB are third-party here.)

For your strategy though would require, implementing a review/rating system on the site and then adding structured data markup around this.

Thanks for your answer, Amanda

yes, we've organized this for our products already

And we would also show the widget with GMB reviews and rates on pages, that are associated with company, not with products. There have been many discussions around that - and it seems that GMB reviews, left for your company on your own GMB account, could be marked on the pages of your web-site, that contains information about company, but only if they are shown on these pages.
There is an article, with john Mueller from Google

taken from Search Engine Land that says that we can't mark up reviews from GMB and other sources, BUT there are cases through Internet, that show us, that it's not recommended, but it's not also forbidden. Some of them catch my eye not long ago, but at that time I was not working on this problem and I didn't take them on pen. Can't find them right now.... I'll update this thread if I manage to find something.

But actually, the question that I'm interested the most now: Does Google show rate stars in SERP under the result that brings your Homepage url??? Please if someone see it - Pleas do me a favor - make a screenshot and drop it here.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom