More threads by Lanerizz

Lanerizz

Reaction score
Hello, having a recent problem with a couple accounts where I am attempting to add a short name for them and Google keeps removing it. As in it goes Under Review, then later shows in orange crossed out. I have tried a couple different names, I know they aren't already claimed.

Anyone running into this and know how to handle?

Due to COVID-19, Google has had to severely limit the functionality of GMB. Short names and Videos are not currently working. You will need to wait for Google to turn these features back on.

Hello, having a recent problem with a couple accounts where I am attempting to add a short name for them and Google keeps removing it. As in it goes Under Review, then later shows in orange crossed out. I have tried a couple different names, I know they aren't already claimed.

Anyone running into this and know how to handle?
Short names are connected to reviews. So if reviews are available, then the short name is working. We have a few locations that are allowing reviews again, and therefore their short name is now working. If no reviews, ours are still showing marked out orange, just as you describe. Good luck!

Hmm, okay. We're getting reviews but the Short Name isn't working. To be clear: We aren't using the short name we picked to ask for reviews, we've been using a bit.ly link.

Hmm, okay. We're getting reviews but the Short Name isn't working. To be clear: We aren't using the short name we picked to ask for reviews, we've been using a ****** link.
That does sound strange then!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom