GMB Setup - New Business, Second Service-Area Business for Owner

annatindal

Hi,

I'd love any advice you have on how to set up GMB for this scenario.

A client came to me with a GMB listing for his concrete services company. As of today, his company provides both concrete delivery and finishing under 1 LLC. The current GMB listing is tied to his home address. However, he plans to spin off the finishing side of his business (with a rebrand) and place it under a new LLC. But, he still plans to be operating it from his home. Thus, this would be 2 service-area businesses attached to the owner's home address.

Will Google find conflict if the new business is using the same address? If so, does anyone have recommendations on how to handle?

Thanks so much in advance!

annatindal

The original business (Company A) offered concrete delivery (to contractors) AND concrete finishing (to homeowners).

Concrete delivery is just delivering concrete to concrete contractors. And, concrete finishing is building concrete driveways, patios, walkways, etc for homeowners.

Moving forward, Company A will only offer concrete delivery. And, Company B will offer concrete finishing.

The owner decided to start (Company B) for two reasons. He splits profits on the concrete delivery side of his business and wanted better accounting. And, secondly, he wanted to more closely target the 2 different audiences on a local level with their own brand and messaging through GMB.

Please let me know if you have any thoughts relative to GMB.

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
If the two businesses are legally separate with their own business license, GMB categories, phone number you might be able to make it work in Google's eyes.

With that said, from my experience you are likely going to keep running into issues with Google thinking these are the same business and marking one of them as a duplicate. If that happens you will need to be able to prove to Google that they are totally separate businesses.