More threads by Shelley

Shelley

Reaction score
Hello everyone

Good Morning,

I would like to ask for your advice our GMB got suspended after redoing my website.

After sending them more than enough information to prove that we are a legit business this is their response,

Hello,
Thank you for contacting Google My Business team.

We've looked at your account and it looks like your business is not eligible to display on Google Maps per our quality guidelines. Check out our guidelines for representing your business on Google to see what types of businesses are eligible to be on Google Maps.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? What can I do?

We have had this location for over 5 years.

This is a big issue and now because of the covid19 social distancing there is no one to speak too over the phone.

The following changes we had made to our listing:
a) We had redone our website before the suspension an
ook down off my office address after the suspension.
b) we had removed our location as it is a home office and we are mobile service only (we go to our clients) and we do not accept any clients at this location.
c) We had removed our advertising manager as one of the users.

Is it possible for you to provide your business name and address? That is the generic reply message when a listing can’t be reinstated. Google will never tell you what you did wrong or why the listing was suspended.

So you are telling me that my business will not be back online?

Why would a business not be able to be reinstated though?

I would rather keep anonymous at the moment we are a locksmith business in canada

Would it change when I could actually speak to someone from google my business?

I am going to answer each question one by one:

1. Google will not allow the listing to be reinstated while they seen issue with the listing.

2. Any listing not adhering to or in violation ofGoogle’s TOS will be removed form maps will not be allowed back. I have no idea what Google is seeing and why your reinstatement was rejected.

3.That is fine, I just can’t troubleshoot it without that information. I see your dm, but I don’t have the necessary information to troubleshoot your issue.

4.You can’t speak with a real person at Google at the moment. The only option for support is via email. Even if you reply to the email and ask, Google won’t tell you why the listing is not eligible for reinstatement.

Agreed, I've never been told why I received a suspension. Try to share it with someone trustworthy for a second opinion, privately.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom