GMB Updates Recycling in and Out

jrobbins

Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2015
Messages
85
I have the EXACT same "attributes/accessibility updates" recycle into and out of my dash EVERY day. I have tried accepting them then discarding them and vice versa. But regardless of what I do they just continually appear in my account day after day after day...regardless of my previous action. This has to be GMB glitch does it not???
 

MeganR

Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2017
Messages
44
I have the EXACT same "attributes/accessibility updates" recycle into and out of the dash EVERY day. I have tried accepting them then discarding them and vice versa. But regardless of what I do they just continually appear in the dash day after day after day...regardless of my previous action. This has to be GMB glitch does it not???
I have a client in the legal industry who has the exact same problem - - it's a very competitive industry and I've attributed it to competitors going in and repeatedly updating accessibility, e.g., wheelchair accessible, with the hope of causing my client's listing to lose G's trust and thereby take a ding in the local pack.

So far, we've been dealing with them and regularly monitoring them - - but it's annoying, and one that makes me nervous. If enough edits come through, is Google going to suspend the listing because it's no longer viewed as reliable? I would be curious to know what industry your client is in (if you don't mind sharing, and if you've seen any adverse effects, e.g., suspension, need for re-verification of the listing.)
 

jrobbins

Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2015
Messages
85
Megan,

I have an answer to this issue I'd like to share with you. Pretty simple solution. I was accepting/discarding updates in bulk. Turns out that if you do so there may be an embedded error on one or more that spoils the roost! Go to EACH update individually and accept/discard and that will take care of it! Hope this helps!
 

MeganR

Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2017
Messages
44
Megan,

I have an answer to this issue I'd like to share with you. Pretty simple solution. I was accepting/discarding updates in bulk. Turns out that if you do so there may be an embedded error on one or more that spoils the roost! Go to EACH update individually and accept/discard and that will take care of it! Hope this helps!
Thanks, for the tip. I'll do that.
 

Trending: Most Viewed

Local Search Forum


Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe


Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group

Top