More threads by Greg Gifford

Greg Gifford

I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
For those of you who hadn't heard, Blake Denman got a call from one of those shady GMB verification places just before the sessions started on the last day of Pubcon. Joy was sitting next to him, and shenanigans ensued...

Watch the video here: (click the picture, it'll open in a new window)
Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 3.39.03 PM.png

I was in the room when they recorded this - it was AMAZING! This guy is just doing his job, but it's such blatant bullshit. "You don't rank in "Bend" - what SEO company only wants to rank in their local market? It's just dumb.....

This is amazing. We have several clients who have complained about similar calls, it's interesting to see what these companies are saying on the line.

OMG so great. Did he say they have a system that just scrapes phone numbers, or something like that?

@keyserholiday:

thiefjoy.gif

This is hilarious and very insightful. It's always interesting to see/hear what goes on with these shady companies. Thank you so much for the laugh and for keeping us in the loop, Joy!

For those of you who hadn't heard, Blake Denman got a call from one of those shady GMB verification places just before the sessions started on the last day of Pubcon. Joy was sitting next to him, and shenanigans ensued...

Watch the video here: (click the picture, it'll open in a new window)
Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 3.39.03 PM.png
Love it. This is me 3x a week asking these same questions from these calls and it's just a merry go round'

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom