More threads by keyserholiday

keyserholiday

Banned
Solutions
Reaction score
So my good friend Stuart McHenry asked today on Twitter if anybody notice if Google was having issues treating 301 redirects. I began noticing something similar with Facebook unofficial pages.
If you Google Bipper Media and click the link for the FB page, you will see this message: "You were redirected here from the unofficial Page:" Is this Google or an issue with FB?

bipper media.PNG

If you Google Bipper Media and click the link for the FB page, you will see this message: "You were redirected here from the unofficial Page:" Is this Google or an issue with FB?
I think it's probably a Facebook thing.

You can click on the link next to "unoffical link" and it takes you to a different page for the same person / business so they are both valid pages. Not sure why he didn't close the older one but perhaps he wanted to keep the content if it had been active for a while and just send people to the new page.

Added: I just noticed the light gray ? next to the "You were redirected..." notice. That pops up a little info box:

merged-FB-page.png

Thank you @djbaxter I am seeing it for other unofficial and unclaimed pages. It is just odd that the original link is showing up instead of the business pages. Something has changed in the last month.

Thank you @djbaxter I am seeing it for other unofficial and unclaimed pages. It is just odd that the original link is showing up instead of the business pages. Something has changed in the last month.
Are these all Facebook pages?

See

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom