More threads by MeganR

MeganR

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just got a message from Google Ads regarding this upcoming update to call reporting. I'd like to hear others opinions re: pros, cons and implications of moving to account-level reporting as opposed to ad group and extension level call reporting.

You can opt out of the update it seems if you turn off account level reporting prior to the launch date.

It would seem to me that you would get a much more granular look at your ad/extension effectiveness by opting out of account-level feature.

What do you think?

This is part of the email that I just received from Google Ads:

"
What’s changing?
Last year, we introduced an account-level setting for call reporting. This allows you to turn call reporting on or off for your entire account, and removes the need to manage this for each ad and extension.

You're receiving this message because you currently use ad- or extension-level call reporting. On September 9, 2019, account-level call reporting will replace ad- and extension-level reporting as the exclusive call reporting solution in Google Ads.​

Next steps
If you want to continue tracking call details like call duration, start and end time, caller area code, and call conversions, no further action is required. We will automatically turn on account-level call reporting for your account on September 9, 2019. If you do not want account-level call reporting turned on, you may opt out of this upcoming change any time between now and September 9, 2019, by following the steps below to turn off account-level call reporting.

1. Sign in to your Google Ads account.
  2. Click All campaigns in the left navigation menu.
  3. Click Settings in the page menu, and then click the Account settings tab.
  4. Under "Call reporting," select On to turn on account-level call reporting or select Off to turn off account-level call reporting, depending on the setting you want.
Keep in Mind
If you don't turn off call reporting before it is turned on for your account, you may still turn it off at any time by following the steps above. Managing reporting at an ad and extension level will become unavailable on September 9, 2019, or as soon as an account-level selection is made.

If you have any questions, please reach out to your account team or contact us at any time. You can also visit our Help Center for more information.​

"

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom