More threads by Tim Colling

Tim Colling

Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Google Analytics - Is there any way to "search" for prior GA accounts, with a URL?

Hi -

I just started working with a client who has had a Google Analytics property ID installed on their website for a long time (I don't know how long) that is actually for a completely different website, according to Google support. Google won't tell me what that other website is, but maybe that doesn't matter.

The question I have now is this: is there anyway that I can use the client's URL to somehow search to find any prior GA property IDs that ARE associated with my client's website?

I don't think there is, but it never hurts to ask.

Thanks in advance,
Tim

Re: Google Analytics - Is there any way to "search" for prior GA accounts, with a URL

Someone on another forum already gave me a solution to try and it worked!

Here was his suggestion:

"have you tried going to archive.org and viewing source for old pages"

what a great idea!

Re: Google Analytics - Is there any way to "search" for prior GA accounts, with a URL

Great tip! Thanks Tim

Now all I have to do is beg Google to give us access to a GA property ID that was in use from 2010 until sometime between may and oct of 2016.

Do you think there's any chance that they will let us do that?

I think they will give you access to that old GA account if you contact support and go through their manual verification process.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom