More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Was just informed by Google that they are retiring the Google Offers tool today.

Not sure how many of you are using "Offers" but the tool and stats will be available through end of month but you won't be able to use it to create any new offers.

Here is the message I got:

Heads up that we are turning off the Google Offers self-service tool today. After March 31st, 2014, all offers that were created through the tool will no longer be available or distributed on Google.

Users can continue to review the performance of their offers and access their billing summary page through March 31st, 2014. Google will only be charging users for offers saved prior to January 12th, 2014, even if they had a live budget after that date. Please note that business owners will still need to honor any saved offers that have not yet been used.

Users can visit the Merchant Help Center with any further questions.

The link above has answers to many question you may have.

Plus Mike just blogged with greater detail and history about the product.

Google Shuts Down Self Serve Offers Product | Understanding Google Places & Local Search

Is something new and better coming? One would only think so, but we'll have to wait and see.

I remember predicting this would happen when they launched. To be honest, they shut it down faster than I expected them to.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom